All of me is lost from me...
I'm as blank as a white page can be...
All because of the lies you tell...
Expecting me to believe them like a fairy-tale...
It's obnoxious to me...
All that you speak to be...
That conscience of yours is as black as the coldest well...
In the darkest night of hell...
But that doesn't stop you...
From these lies you sell...
You're under your spell...
Cold and lonely...
You think you know me...
Feeding me lines laced with antivenin...
Though you are misplaced in your ways...
You never notice these lines don't stay...
They roll off your tongue...
And fall wayside to the beat of a drum...
While you thought you were my antidote...
These lines you fed had my goat...
Instead of saving me...
From disparity...
You've enlightened me...
To the contrary...
Your toxins never penetrated my soul...
This is why I'll never pay your toll.
wow,
ReplyDeletevery well fine tuned piece.
lovely done...
Love, love the line,
ReplyDelete"All of me is lost from me...
I'm as blank as a white page can be..."
Holy crap... I have felt that way, but never could express it this well.
This is a fabulous piece of self-empowerment - and great use of the prompt!