Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Only Time Can Tell

Anniversary...
A year gone by so fast...
I noticed every second...
Every minute without your laugh...
Without your tongue-in-check charm...
Without you...
Remembering the past...
Is all that lasts...
Regret holds me captive...
All the should of's...
All the would of's...
All the did nots...
Dance grimly in my musings...
Where did this year go...
Like so many before it...
Plenty I wanted to show...
Plenty I wanted to know...
Time was not something we had...
No, it was against us...
Tricked us into believing...
We had endless time for healing...
Leaving me sterile with feeling...
Missing you when I wake...
Missing you when I daydream...
Missing you when lying awake...
        in the endless night...
This is no mistake...
Though you are with me when I wake...
Though you are with me when I sing...
Though you are with me when I dream...
Guiding me in art...
Helping me find the start...
       To a life...
You are forever alive...
       In my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind!