Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rain Dances

Clouds gray...
Ripple in an array...
Losing way to the brightness of the day...
A sudden drop...
Rests on top...
I extend my hand...
Another one lands...
A few short moments...
Silence...
Allows my mind to roam free...
Before the clouds open...
Creating a sea...
Drenched...
As I stand here...
No longer cold and lonely...
Now I'm warm and safe...
As the rain graces my face...
I stand here...
Frozen in time...
Soon the clouds disperse...
No more tears on this hearse...
All I see are sun bursts.




Sun's kisses unravel my heart
    Darkened from soot
          Dust blows in the breeze

                                             
              Please note that the attached picture is not my work, but is beautiful!

7 comments:

  1. Clouds gray...
    Ripple in an array...
    Lose way to the brightness of the day...

    love your word play,
    stunning imagery,
    beautiful entry.
    Thanks for playing...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Thank you for inviting me and letting me know about your site! :) I look forward to participating more and reading what others posted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful. Sometimes mourning is necessary to move on and even if the clouds seem like they are here forever one day the sun will break through. It's always there waiting.
    Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sun bursts... Lovely. I enjoyed reading it.. thanks for sharing...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind!