Thursday, November 25, 2010

Makings of Me...

I feel things...
I feel things about you...
I feel things about me...
I feel things about the person sitting next to me...
That isn't you...
I feel things about the earth...
I feel things about my worth...
I. Feel. Things...
I want to know things...
I want to experience things...
I want to appreciate things...
No, I want to be appreciated...
Beyond what the eye can see...
I want to be appreciated...
Appreciated for what is inside of me...
My heart...
My mind...
These are things that make me...
Not the shape of my eyes...
Or the curve of my thighs...
Admire these...
But appreciate "me"...
Inner me versus outer me...
There is no competition...
I am a force to be reckoned with...
You've looked at me...
Assessed me...
Without ever speaking to me...
How do you know me?
How do you feel me?
I've blessed thee...
With opportunity to look inside of me...
Yet you blindly...
Look through me...
Seeing only the surface of what the eye can see...
Gazing over me tactically...
Placing me tidily...
Away from me...
Never seeing from the heart...
All the words I've spoken from the start...
See, I am more than a vessel...
For you to unleash your special...
That reigns nightly...
And ceases delightedly...
I've recalled the essentials...
Pretend...
Pretend...
Pretend...
All the ways you see past mine...
I've never been on your mind...
Or in your heart...
You skip me...
Like a rock on lake...
Skimming the surface...
Never noticing what lies beneath...
Unless disrobed...
You never go beyond the throws...
Or the woes...
Though I'm still dancing gracefully upon my toes...
Because I am more to me then you will ever know...
I am a heart...
I am a mind...
After all I am divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind!