Shaken with remains of yesterday's imperfections...
Glistening in the morning dew...
I catch sight of you...
Outside of me...
Reaching desperately....
To see clearly...
All the beauty of the new...
Yet I'm stuck anew...
In lazy slumber...
A tender tip upon my hip...
Whispers in my ear are laced in honey...
A kiss rests upon my lips...
Awoken from this nightmare...
Where I was running but never catching my heart, dear...
Awaken to my ponder on life's wonders...
I see the past and shake with fear...
I hear your voice and cry out in pleasure...
Now I know yesterday is gone...
Tomorrow is here...
And forever, I am your dear.
"Where I was running but never catching my heart" - love this! Very romantic
ReplyDelete'whispers in my ear laced with honey'..I just love that..do you link on Sunday Scribblings? Haven't seen you for a while..this was a lovely read..Jae :)
ReplyDeleteThanks faith!
ReplyDeleteJae... thanks first... and this is for Sunday Scribblings. Though, this is my first in, yikes, a year :( I need to get back into it b/c I love writing with the prompts.
ReplyDeleteLovely romantic piece, written in love. Your piece feels of the wonder of new dawns. Well done.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lyrical and dreamy piece... You truly capture the heart of love and how it works wonders for our souls.
ReplyDelete