Friday, October 16, 2009

How I Remain



Cavernous in lust...
Love's mistrust...
Blemished.

Forgotten tokens...
Veils the ocean...
Discarded.

Butterfly this heart...
Caccooned in a web...
Seized.

Scarred me in pain...
Threw me in vain...
Captured me in love...
Is how I remain.

3 comments:

  1. My fave part is the last stanza; love can mean freedom, but it also captures you. But, in a good situation, feels more like protecting arms, rather than a prison.

    Btw, writer's cafe, is a site I joined; I didnt create it. You can also join by sending in your blog adress and theyll send you an invitation. writers@writeupcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks! I loved your short story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and lust are wicked identicals often disguised to hide the dirty deeds of the other. This is definitely beautiful and the last stanza really rounds the poem out nicely. Definitely a fave of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind!