Saturday, October 24, 2009
Bare Tenderness - Sunday Scribblings
Berating around like you've got something on your mind...
Something more than what you've called mine...
How sweet of you to belittle me!
Shall I cherish these enticing memories?
Dredging up pleasantries...
During times where affection was what I needed...
Instead...
Instead you threw me out to bleed...
Humiliation was your tactic...
Mortified I sat spastic...
Trying to reclaim...
Sanity from this pain...
While you danced around...
In flitting fits of gloating myths...
I watched you...
Laughing at me...
I watched them...
Feeling sorry for me...
Guilty?
Not I...
Years of you have only tarnished me...
No longer shiny platinum...
Exterior mussed...
Interior bruised...
Washed up and used...
Caring no longer in existence...
Others pass by...
Resistant to sorrow...
Afraid to be next...
Whispers all around...
Lend way to my frowns...
All I asked...
All I pleaded...
Was not to be mistreated...
Ashamed...
I sat...
No words could be spoken...
Pain raining from my stare...
Warmth dissipated from my touch...
Frozen...
I am bare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well done. xo
ReplyDeleteThis was dripping with heartfelt emotion...I could feel the raw pain. Beautiful...
ReplyDeleteI love your writing and your passion a fellow wild soul on the road of discovery..I am mermaid on twitter soon changing my name though (after all the crap need a new energy) love to you in dazzling light and new birth! xxx
ReplyDeleteI love this! Really felt what you were conveying :)
ReplyDeletea very well done piece...
ReplyDeleteThe abuse made me so sad. Those bruises can last longer than we think.
ReplyDeleteWe do absorb more than we want/need to, I think - this is a well written poem.
ReplyDeleteI loved the 'In flitting fits of gloating myths.'
ReplyDeleteWell expressed piece that puts over the confusion and bitterness of shame.
What a touching piece of poetry. The pain and stigma of abuse can leave lasting scars.
ReplyDeleteExcellent work. Keep writing!!
Cheers!!
Lovely work
ReplyDeleteevery now and then you stumble across gems... your space is such a gem
ReplyDeletei will be back
Heliotropism,
ReplyDeleteI felt it. You touched a spot. That's what we strive for right?
rel
This was so well done it hurt.
ReplyDeletepleasantries when affection was needed - this hurts.
ReplyDeleteThe pain ebbed though each of these lines...well written. "pain raining" was a very clever usage.
ReplyDeleteYou know it's 'good stuff' when, even though you don't really want to, you can't help but feel it. Both pain and pleasure, being there for the ups and downs of the journey. Yet I am free to walk away, not as easy from your side.
ReplyDeleteLet it out, helping others while hopefully healing yourself.
What a beautiful piece of poetry! I enjoyed to read as always. Thanks for your lovely comment on my site. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteOh, I felt this. Your poetry has raw emotion on the surface, well paced and real.
ReplyDeletePlease drop by for a friendly visit to my writing & photography blog.
-gel
Evocative and powerful feelings. Loved this -
ReplyDeleteInterior bruised...Washed up and used...
Well done
C.F.
A raw spill of emotions unbridled, unhindered. A release of self and soul. Beautiful. I have to check out your other blog too Stalling Motion over the weekend when I have more time on my hands :)
ReplyDeleteThis was so moving it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for stoppoing by my blog. I love your writing and will look forward to reading more.
ReplyDeletethe hardly any there hair on my hand stood up!
ReplyDeleteShame on me