Saturday, October 31, 2009

Adventures in Lonely-land - Sunday Scribblings



Cool air hits me...
Dances across my face...
Forcing me to breathe....
Deeply...
Wanting more...
No, needing more...
Warm air inviting...
Intriguing...
Calls upon me...
Though misleading...
Night air swoops me...
Saves me from disgrace...
Only to find I've been lost in this place...
Under my heart...
Lies the knife of morning's story...
Solo in arrival...
Heart and soul now rivals...
Pleading for the devil's savior...
Diminished serenity...
Prancing through scenery...
Precarious on the ledge...
Teeter...
Totter...
Failing to find footing...
Racing through lonely-land.

9 comments:

  1. luvlyy..it is..vry b'fuly drafted..adventure in the lonely land..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I dropped by. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music here was a surprise :)

    Enjoyed reading the adventure..a beautiful take."Saves me from disgrace...

    Only to find I've been lost in this place...

    Under my heart...

    Lies the knife of morning's story..." was so brilliant to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the lonelyland - this is a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get me goin' on lonelieness, I'll never get my NaNo done! Another beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this line "Racing through lonely-land"
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "racing through lonely-land"- that phrase, makes me want to catch my breath and keep from crying at the same time. I recall being in that land and there's no way to avert that "race"...my heart would race, hoping for lonely-land to end.
    I always enjoy your work and your particular style of poetry!
    -gel
    Please drop by for a friendly visit to my writing & photography blog.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind!