If I told you I'd fallen...
Would you ask if I'm hurt?
Would you inquire as to my injuries?
Would you ask how I fell?
Or, like everything else I've said,
Would you forget...
Because your thoughts are clouded...
With stories from other women...
Making it difficult to sort out..
Which thoughts belong to ME?
Those precious thoughts...
Words I spoke...
Breaths I took...
Energy I gifted...
To share a part of me...
To be lost amongst them...
Thank you for putting me on a shelf...
Filled with trophies of other women.
Thank you for keeping up the charades...
Long enough to capture my heart...
Move into my soul...
And stake claim to my being...
Where the only thing I feel now is white...
Bare of emotions...
Exposed to the elements...
Of pain...
Of remorse...
Of longing...
Longing to feel me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak Your Mind!