Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hiding Behind Expectations

If I wrote you a love letter...

Would you read it and ponder?
Or would you read it and wander?
Expressions of the heart...
Scribbled on a white glove...
Engraved thoughts...
Worthy of nimble responses...
Receiving mild interjections of worldly expressions...
My heart the only reflection...
Shattered with 7 years bad luck...
My only regret...
Is giving myself...
Wholeheartedly...
Care-freely...
Unexpectedly...
Reciprocation ceased...
Terms up, the end of my lease...
Now I have my answer...
If I wrote you a love letter...
The kind filled with honesty, fairy tales, and avidity...
Candy-coated lyrics laced with the nectar of honey...
You'd read it and wander...
Leaving me in a melancholy state...
Dangling from my blunder...
Of wanting more from your heart...
Giving less of my soul...
So, if I wrote you a love letter...
Would you read it and wander?
Leaving my heart to saunter...
Behind the gates of expectations...
A love only to be satisfied by fate's conjecture.

1 comment:

Speak Your Mind!