Friday, September 18, 2009

Test of Virtue



Persistent in the devil' playground...
Resistant to heaven's delight...
Wishful thinking left by the light...
Drowned sorrows filled with the fight.

Wanting what we cannot have...
Having what we do not want...
Blanket to conceal roles discovered...
Always heard but never told.

Hiding only to be exposed...
Laid to rest in the furrow of love's embrace...
His face knows no disgrace...
Her heart knows no disguise.

Between these vines...
Paths were marked...
History embarked...
Honesty was reflected.

5 comments:

  1. Great storytelling. Though always very, very good. This is a whole new level. Simply beautiful. Thank you for the great read. Nice to see you writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "hiding only to be exposed..." interesting idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so beautiful. I like reading them over a few times so I can let it all seep in. Love your poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ydorj, thank you so much. It feels good to have time to write again! Glad you enjoyed:)

    If, thank you!

    Blueviolet, Thank you! I am glad you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a way with words; I also like the graphic composition of this piece.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind!