In a world so cold and lonely.
The soul is free to roam.
Holding no conscious.
Holding no prisoners.
Aside from those who have loved.
Aside from those who have felt
What it was like to feel the love of the wondering soul.
This was written while I was drawing the above picture. While drawing, these words just came to me and I wrote it along the edge of the drawing. I tend to do this a lot with my drawings - have random thoughts and incorporate the words into the drawing.
I think it's cool how you combined the art and writing. I might try one of my own.
ReplyDeletewww.serfsaw.blogspot.com
So you can draw too! you can design the cover of your book then:P The poem causes one to think.
ReplyDeleteSo, those you have loved another wondering soul are the ones that hold prisoners? You mean they hold the other person's heart captive? Unless you meant the wondering souls are apart from the ones who have loved. So you're only alone if you don't love...Tell me if I'm totally off;)
Jack: You should. It is totally liberating! I love seeing how both come to life and intertwine. After all, we are inspired by what we are doing or experiencing. If you draw you are thinking (maybe not consciously) but something is guiding you. I draw those words out and incorporate. If you do, let me know. I want to check it out.
ReplyDeleteRetromus-ik: Yes, I don't think I can draw well but that is the beauty in it. If art is perfect is it really art? Also, perfection is all according to the mind-set of the person. This poem, to me, is about a person who has felt the love of a person who is not willing to come to terms with love (i.e., open up to another completely), but the love they give is so beautiful and amazing that it holds the other person captive. I do LOVE your take on it though!!!! This is obviously how it touched it.